OCTEL Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning
This is an online course to help you understand better how to use technology to enhance your teaching practice. The course is aimed primarily at people teaching at Higher Education level, whether in Higher Education Institutions or Further Education Colleges. The course is now over, but the materials will remain available for the next few months.
- - the growth of distance learning
- - emergence of free and open access to learning materials from the Open University and MIT to Khan Academy
- - learning via simulations, as for example when dentistry students practise drilling skills with ‘virtual’ teeth
- - mobile and location-aware learning delivery, providing know-how at exactly the time and place it is needed
- Poor use of technology is a significant waster of time and money in the public sector. UK Higher Education is not exempt from this problem. This course will help those planning and delivering teaching in HE to make the best use of technology in their work and avoid pitfalls and hiccups.
- Class plans
- Lecture notes
- Video lectures