Sylvia van de Bunt-Kokhuis
23 April 2008
Assistant Professor ( Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam )
+44 (0)20 7957 8973
My personal website
Dr Sylvia van de Bunt-Kokhuis is Associate Professor Human Resources Management at The Hague University and lecturer Business Studies at the Faculty of Economics of the Vrije Universiteit at Amsterdam. She is Visiting Professor at Middlesex University in London, and president of the Dutch Speaking Society for Comparative Studies (NGVO) a network of Flemish/Dutch researchers and educationalists, see http://www.wcces.net > NGVO. She is member of the Supervisory Board (Raad van Toezicht) of Kennisnet ICT op School. She was member of the Supervisory Board of the ICT traning company Compu’Train (2000-2005). During the past three years she coordinated a large scale European project FILTER, investigating the cultural and economic filtering of online content, with partners in 12 European countries. This project resulted in the book publication World Wide Work (VU University Press, 2006).
5 preferred e-learning resources
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S. (2006), Academic Pilgrims: Faculty Mobility in the Real and Virtual World, In: From Clerici Vagantes to Internet. A Comparative Perspective on Universities, Donatella Palomba and Anselmo R. Paolone (eds.), Aracne Editrici, Rome, pp. 29-52
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S. (editor) (2006), World Wide Work, filtering of online content in a globalized world, VU University Press Amsterdam, ISBN 90 53839836, 238 pages
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S. (2005), Lifelong eLearning across Cultures, key insights and policy implications towards content credibility, Inaugural Professorial Lecture, Middlesex University, School of Lifelong Learning and Education, United Kingdom, 23 pages
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S, Hansson, H, Toska, J-A. (2005). The Filter Project. About economic and cultural filtering of online content. In: European Journal of Open, Distance and E-learning (EURODL).URL: http://www.eurodl.org/materials/contrib/2005/Sylvia_van_de_Bunt_Kokhuis.htm
- Hansson, H. and S. van de Bunt-Kokhuis (2004), e-learning and language change –Observations, tendencies and reflections, In: First Monday, August, see http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue9_8/hansson/index.html
- Hansson, H. and S. van de Bunt-Kokhuis (2004), Internet information-filters and its consequences for e-learning- Conceptual framework and interview study in seven countries, Paper reviewed and accepted, E-Learn conference, In: E-Learn Proceedings, Washington DC, http://www.aace.org, November 1-5, see http://www.aace.org/conf/eLearn/advprog.htm
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S.(2004), Globalisation and the freedom of knowledge, in: Higher Education in Europe, second issue of 2004, Vol. XXVIII, pp. 269-286
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S. (2004), Een Wereldcollega, inaugural speech at Haagse Hogeschool, Holland Business Publications, 44 pages
- Van de Bunt-Kokhuis, S. (1996), Academic Pilgrims, determinants of internacional faculty mobility, Tilburg University Press, October, 232 pages
5 preferred e-learning resources
Article of Sylvia van de Bunt-Kokhuis
30 June 2009 | 83107
Schools, Higher Education , Training & Work, Learning & Society
The talented lifelong learner in any country –no matter what economic, social, linguistic or disability background- has the civic right to gain access to a good quality online learning environment. This paper considers the dynamics of the digital...
competence talent eLearning programme social inclusion ability lifelong learning digital
09 February 2006 | 12841
Learning & Society
The project investigating filtering of online content in a globalised world is approaching to its end and the closing event is organised 10th of February in Amsterdam.
11 November 2005 | 11325
Computers are a permanent feature in the classroom. New learning opportunities are created by the Internet. However, some e-learners with special needs, for example those who have mental or physical certain types of disabilities cannot profit...
accessibility study social inclusion strategies
Share your knowledge