Call for eLearning Papers: Innovation in education
Open Education Europa has announced a call for eLearning Papers on digital and innovative education at all stages of life and for all types of learning.
The eLearning Papers provide an opportunity for researchers, people in projects developing innovative applications, and policy makers to share their material quickly and easily on a pan-European portal with international reach.
Authors are invited to submit papers in any of the 24 official EU languages on a number of key themes related to innovative learning. We are particularly interested in receiving contributions from people in international projects and early-stage researchers.
Papers may be submitted on any relevant topic, but we are particularly interested in those covering the following areas:
- Learner data: Learning analytics; Methods and strategies; Big data and analytics
- Teaching technologies: Online courses; Social media; Learning apps; Organisational digital readiness
- Innovative learning methods: Gamification; Project-based learning; Entrepreneurship; Digital storytelling; Flipped classrooms; Maker spaces
- Pedagogy and curriculum: open educational resources; Blended learning; Collaborative learning; Recognising and rewarding teaching
- Quality assurance and accreditation: ePortfolios; Accreditation and certification; Validation
- Recognition: ePortfolios; Digital assessments; Badges and certificates
- Policy: European policy; National policy; Organisational change
Authors can submit long papers of a maximum of 6,000 words and shorter entries between 500-1,000 words, excluding references. Bibliographic referencing should follow the Harvard style. Online citation generators can help to simplify this process. Long papers are also required to submit a short abstract in English (even if the paper is submitted in another language).
Review of articles
All articles will be reviewed by a specially-appointed, independent Editorial and Advisory Board comprising experienced academics working in the field of education from across Europe. If accepted, papers will be published online immediately on the portal where they will enjoy high levels of visibility.
Deadline: Papers will be accepted on a rolling basis with first online publications expected in October 2017.