Virtual World for Awareness and Learning on Information Security
The V-ALERT project aims to support the establishment of an Information Security culture in different ICT user target groups (mainly teachers, pupils, ICT students, employees and academics) by providing awareness of risks and good practices through an innovative and immersive online 3D virtual world learning environment which simulates real-life Information Security threat scenarios.
The overall aim of the V-ALERT project is the achievement of an in-depth understanding regarding safety threats and protective measures and actions.
For the achievement of the V-ALERT objectives, an online 3D Virtual World Learning Environment will be developed, supporting:
- In-world experiential learning activities based on scenarios designed out of real-life information security risk cases
- "Safely" exposure to safety risks, which should be recognized and overcome through appropriate actions.
The Virtual World Learning environment will be designed to be fully customisable, multilingual and easily adaptable not only to new threat scenarios, but also to the learning needs of different end users, implementing appropriate context-aware recommender systems.
Project outputs include:
- Conceptual design of information security threat scenarios concerning the needs of each target group
- A 3D virtual world implementing these scenarios through online engaging simulations
- Supportive documentation and material for potential users
- Reports on the pilot implementations of the environment in each partner country
The consortium of V-ALERT has significant experience in the assigned tasks and extensive know-how through their involvement in considerable european projects and trans-national co-operations established mainly on private business activities, but also through national projects.